Adapting a vegetarian lifestyle is a huge & important step toward a healthy & conscientious lifestyle. But many people underestimate the benefits of going dairy-free (and overestimate the difficulty and level of sacrifice). Here are some of the benefits:
- You will experience fewer upper respiratory problems. Dairy = mucus…no dairy = less mucus. I used to get allergies and constant sinus infections and bronchitis. Since going vegan that is all gone! Seriously.
- You will have clearer skin and get the “glow!”
- Your digestive function will GREATLY improve!
- You will lose weight!
- Cheese is addictive. Once you quit you will be free from the cravings! I swear I don’t miss it!
- You will not be responsible for the mistreatment of cows and the premature separation between Mama & calf.
Here is my challenge: try it for a month. Really commit to being dairy-free for 30 days. After the month is up, make your decision. Chances are if you add dairy back in you’ll feel icky and will commit to going totally vegan!
Here are some recommended products:
- Daiya cheese
- So Delicious Purely Decadent coconut milk ice cream
- Any dessert from Sticky Fingers Bakery
- Almond milk (any brand)
- Amande yogurt
- Earth balance “butter”
- Tofutti products
Go to Whole Foods & buy a sampling of different vegan desserts & milk & yogurt & cheese products and see what you like. I also highly recommend making your own nut milk, yogurt, etc. check out my recipes! Have fun!