- Granola (see my recipe https://veganmartha.wordpress.com/2013/03/13/granola/ Or if using store bought look for low in sugar & salt and as unprocessed as possible) with nut milk and fruit
- Oatmeal or oat bran with dates (chop & cook with the oats…makes it sweet without adding sweetener!) and topped with nuts & fresh fruit
- Smoothie with fresh and/or frozen fruit, nut milk or coconut water, and throw in a little kale. Add cinnamon and/or vanilla for a little more flavor. Add flaxseed and/or nut butter for protein
- Soup or stew
- Green salads (get creative with what you throw in! Add crumbled tempeh and/or beans and/or nuts and/or seeds for protein. Avocado is a must!)
- Quinoa & bean salads
- Tofu or tempeh with brown rice or quinoa and tons of veggies! You can make a stir-fry, Thai curry, grill it, bake it, marinate it in your favorite sauce, you can do ANYTHING with tofu & tempeh!
- Roasted or grilled seasonal vegetables. Be sure to serve with quinoa and/or beans and/or nuts/seeds and/or tofu/tempeh for some extra protein
- Be sure to include GREEN veggies every day!
- Even vegan desserts should be occasional treats! Some ideas for more everyday “desserts”:
- fresh or frozen fruit
- banana blended with peanut butter, cocoa, nut milk or coconut milk, a smidge of agave or dates if it needs more sweetening
- look for raw, unprocessed desserts low in added sugar